Thursday, April 28, 2005

Not much today

I've been playing poker all night with my buddies, so I don't have much to post. I ended up a $16 winner, but that took a back seat to the fact that the OC wasn't on tonight because of the president's speech. Come on...couldn't George W. reschedule? Oh well, had a good time with my friends. I ended up 7th out of 17 last night in the freeroll at Bodog. Got drew out on again...imagine that. Had KJ of spades, flop comes J 10 x, I go all in for about 2000, which is about 4th highest stack, get called by chip leader. He's calls 1/2 his stack on AQ and hits his K on the river to give him a straight. I'm used to that kind of crap though.

Not much planned for the weekend as of yet...probably not much will go on. My friends and I used to go out all of the time, but lately we've been pretty boring. It kinda sucks when you're single and you don't go out much, because it's pretty hard to meet new people, but I still have fun with my friends. It would be nice to go out on a date once in awhile, but I guess it saves money by hanging out with my friends. Maybe some day I'll meet someone, but I'm not counting on it. :-)

Today at work was take your child to work day, and there was the coolest little boy there named Gavin. That's a pretty slick name, and he looked a lot like I did when I was 5. He had a big mop of blond hair and bright blue eyes. Man...what I wouldn't do to go back to the days when I was cute! It would be pretty cool to be 5 again...If I only knew then what I know now, my life would be completely different. Oh well, you live and you learn I suppose.

Well that's all for tonight, time to hit the sack...Tomorrow's Friday!!!!

"I'd rather lose knowing my opponent was running for his life than win knowing I was running for mine."



No comments: