Thursday, December 01, 2005

Winning is Sweet!

This weekend worked out pretty darn well for me. There was a series of 5 poker tournaments at the VFW here in Marion, and I played in all of them. There were 2 Hold 'Em tournaments at $30 apiece, a 7 card stud and Omaha at $30 apiece, and another Hold 'Em Main Event at $55.

The weekend started off horribly...I was the first one out in the first tournament, and I didn't cash in the second. The 3rd one was 7 card stud, and I managed to come in 2nd in that one making $143. I didn't cash in the 4th event, so all I had left was the Main Event to make something happen.

Believe it or not, I ended up winning the Main Event. That was good for $629. There also was a points system to determine the Player of the Series. $5 from every persons entry from every tournament went into the pool, and 1st place in the points got 70%, and 2nd got 30%. So with my Main Event victory, I was able to vault into 2nd place and take home $180 for that. So on the weekend I brought home $953 ($778 in profit). Not too bad considering the way the weekend started!

I ended up losing $82 tonight playing $2-$4 on Full Tilt. I played pretty bad, and had a couple of sets cracked, so that's never any fun...but my bankroll is at $2,200, so I can't really complain. I have to start playing better though, so I can keep increasing it.

I don't really have much else right now...16 days til Vegas!!!!

" Success is only a word, but achieving it is a lifestyle."

No comments: