Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm Baaaccckkkk!

Well, I've decided to move my blog back here. I just like the setup and the look better. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to start posting at least 4 times a week if possible. So for the probably 2 people who might read this...you'll have more to read soon!

Last week saw me lose about $200 playing online, and it was rough to take. I really think that if I wasn't as mentally strong as I am, I might start to get depressed with everything going on in my life right now. The $200 loss just added to the frustration. But what can you do...I played well for the most part until I tilted off the last $50. I'm over it.

Well now my bankroll is down to about $500. I have $135 on UB and $300 on Gamesgrid. So I decide I'll start playing the $10+$1 6-handed sit n go's on UB. It worked out pretty well as I cashed (1st or 2nd) in the first 6 I played. So I'm up to about $220 on UB. Then last night I sat at the $1-$2 dealers choice game on Gamesgrid and won about $50 in about half an hour. I key hand was in 7 card stud.

My hand started out with K J 5 all spades, with the K showing. On 4th street I caught the J of clubs...this helped, but at this point I was still looking for the spade flush. Well, on 5th street I caught another Jack, and this gave me trips, but my lone opponent continued to call my bets. He now had the A Q 5 of spades showing for his own spade flush draw. I caught a blank on 6th street, but continued to bet it, and once again I got called. Well, I caught another King on the river, giving me Jacks full of Kings. Although I didn't see it, I think the other guy made his Ace high spade flush, because when I bet he raised me. I obviously reraised, and he just called. I took down like a $30 pot in $1-$2...not too bad.

Well today has been a different story. When I quit last night I was up to about $570 total. So far today I've played 3 sit n go's (playing a 4th right now) and I haven't cashed yet, so I'm down about $33...which sucks. I'm playing solid, but cards just aren't falling. For example, last sit n go I lost. I had AK, and raised before the flop. I was reraised by the player to my left, and I called. The flop was K Q 9. I pushed all in...he called and showed 10 10. Well the river brought the Jack to give him a straight and that's all she wrote for me. Just a little rough patch, I'll fight through it.

I think I'm going back to Vegas for about a week right before Christmas. Now I know this may be a little out there, but I'd like to have my bankroll up to about 5 grand by then. I've got alot of work to do, and I've got to get alot better, but I think I can do it...we'll see I guess.

That's all for now...God Bless


" You are the world's greatest, when you say you are."

No comments: