Monday, June 13, 2005

Why?

Well, I just found out the other day that my uncle has cancer. That sucks. It makes me wonder why God does the things that he does. This uncle was in a car accident about 7 or 8 years ago and was severly burned, lost a few fingers, and still feels the affects every day...so why does he have to go through this too? It's just not fair. This makes me look at my poker experiences in a different light though...poker is just a game...not life or death.

Lately I've just been spinning my wheels in poker...not winning, not losing. There are somedays where I just want to quit, but quitting isn't in my blood. It's simply not an option. So I'll continue to try to make my way through the minefield that is low limit poker, and hopefully be able to score a tourney win soon.

Life is pretty blah right now...I have nothing to look forward to, people around me are dying, and I hate my job. It's just one of those gray stretches everyone goes through, but it sure sucks...gotta find something to pick me up. Hopefully something good will happen soon, but I'm not counting on it. I honestly feel like I couldn't be more lonely than I am right now. I need to find someone to hang out with...preferably a girl :-) We'll see what happens. Enough of this deep stuff, next post will be all about poker, and hopefully it'll be good news!


" No matter how many times you fail at something, you are never a failure until the day you quit trying."

No comments: