Monday, November 07, 2005

Poker, Friends, and Lots of Beer

This weekend went WAY too fast! On Friday night a few of my friends and I went to go see the movie JARHEAD. It was damn good, and I got to watch it with 2 of my friends who are in the Army. They enjoyed it as well, and said it seemed to stay true to the Army form. Jake Gyllenhall and Jamie Foxx did an excellent job.

On Saturday I played in a poker tournament at the VFW. In 5 hours, I saw one pocket pair...6's. I didn't get any cards, but despite that, I finished 4th...too bad only the top 3 paid! So after that we went to Columbus because it was my friend P.J.'s last night before he had to go back to Iraq.

We went to Adobe Gilas, and even though that place kinda sucks, we had a blast! My friends and I always have a blast, but even though we were kinda sad that P.J. was leaving, we made the most of it. He should be home for good in like 2 months, so hopefully everything goes ok and he gets home soon!

This weekend Pounds and I are driving to Connecticut for the World Poker Conference. It should be a good learning opportunity, as well as an excellent opportunity to hear the pros speak. It's a 10 hour drive though, so I'm not going to get much sleep this weekend!

That's all for today, hopefully all is well in your world!


" The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. You can't go on well in life until you let go of all of your past failures and heartaches."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your information is useful for me -----------------------------------------------------------------------------nasonex-pharmacy generic