Saturday, December 30, 2006

Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends

I know it's been awhile. I apologize…I'm just lazy.

Well I have some big news…I'm engaged!! I asked Kylie to marry me last Friday night, and luckily she said yes. It was something that I knew was going to happen for awhile, but I just wasn't sure when. I had thought about waiting until the spring, but I changed my mind. Recently my mom and my aunt have had some health problems, and it got me thinking…none of us are promised tomorrow, so we might as well let the people we care about know how we feel. So I decided to make it part of her Christmas, and I think she was pretty excited…Now I have to pay for the damn thing, which from the past experience of paying the first bill, is ZERO fun. Anyways…

This is the time of year where everyone makes New Year's resolutions, so I figured I'd join in. These are really resolutions…more like goals. So without further adieu, here are my goals for 2007:

I would like to get my credit card debts paid off in 2007. I have a regular credit card, My Circuit City account that my TV and Xbox are on, and the Fred Meyer account that Kylie's ring is on. This may not be possible in 07, but I'm going to try.

I'd like to play more poker, and build my bankroll to around $2,000. That's where it was before I started taking $$ out, so that's my goal.

I'd like to get in better shape. I was doing pretty well around Sam and Keith's wedding, but then I started eating crappy again.

That's pretty much all I've got…I try to keep it simple. If I don't post again before January 1st, I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year. Good Luck in 07!!

"When life comes rushing at you from out of the darkness, who will you choose to face it with? Will it be someone you trust? Will they be wise? And will their love for you help them to guide you to the light? Or will they lose their way in the darkness? Will they make noble choices? Or will that person be someone untested, someone new? Life comes rushing at you from out of the darkness, and when it does -- is there someone in your life you can count on? Someone who will watch over you when you stumble and fall? And in that moment, give you the strength to face your fears alone?"

No comments: