Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My Birthday!

Well, my birthday was yesterday. The big 2-3. I'm starting to feel old. We went out Saturday night for a party at the Lodge Bar, and it was a BLAST! I was drunk by 9:30 because everyone kept buying me shots...I hate shots! Then yesterday since it was actually the day of my birthday we went out for some wings and beer. It was a very good time, and it made me realize how lucky I am to have such great friends. I may not have great looks, but I have a good personality and I'm a good person...I think that's why I have so many awesome friends. The friends that are really close to me are by far some of the best people in the world, but the friends I don't hang out with as much are really good people as well. I truly feel blessed.

This past Saturday I played a co-ed softball tournament with some people at work. It was pretty fun, but we got absolutely SMACKED. We got beat by a combined score of 59-7 in 2 games...how embarrassing! Oh well, I guess it could have been alot worse. Come to think of it, I'm not sure it could have been ANY worse. LOL!
Lately I've been feeling like I have no direction in my life. It seems like my whole life I've always had something to work towards, and right now I can't really think of anything in my life that fits that description. I'm severly lacking direction, and I need to get things straightened out & get some enthusiam back. I've really been sort of bummed lately, but hopefully that'll turn around. Football season is coming up soon, so that should make me feel better and provide something for me to dive into.

Nothing new really on the poker front. Haven't had too much time in the past week to play. I've been up and down, but seem to be losing in limit quite often lately. I still consider myself a beginning limit player, so that's to be expected. Just gets a little frustrating sometimes, but like the old saying goes, "That's Poker".

I don't really have much else to say right now so I'm gonna hit the sack. Til next time.

" The only things in life you ever really regret, are the chances you didn't take....to hell with the consequences!"

No comments: