Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Can't Stop This Thing We Started

So I'm back. I wish I had some awesome story to tell you about traveling the world or hitting the lottery or something…but I don't. My life has been painfully, well, painfully the same lately. I haven't done much to alter this routine, so I guess the only person to blame is the person typing these words. Which by the way, although they are arranged differently, are mostly the same words I've typed in the past 4 or 5 entries. I need to get a life!!

Poker was going good the past week or so, but I've managed to dust off all the profits from the past week in the past two nights. I attribute my success, and then my terrible failure to a couple things:

1. I was playing too many hands (i.e. suited connectors, big connectors like KQ & QJ, and small pairs) either too aggressively or out of position.

2. I was bluffing entirely too much…and getting away with it. So when I started to get called, it was big trouble.

3. I was calling too much, especially out of position.

All 3 of the problems listed above are BIG trouble. If you do any or all of these with any regularity, it's going to catch up with you. Couple those with a few bad beats (ex. My AQ against Q8 on a flop of QQ6. All the money went in on the flop, which was about $125 and the 8 hits on the river to send me packing with my balls in my stomach) and you get the past two days for me. Thems the breaks I guess, so it's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and correct the problems.

Onto other things. Next weekend Kylie and I are going to Chicago. We're flying out on Saturday morning and coming back late Sunday night, so it should be a nice little escape for us. I'm really looking forward to it, and I hope I can get some really cool pictures to post. I think we're both looking forward to getting away and spending some time together.

I'll try to post between now and then, but if not I'll have a full trip report afterwards. Everyone enjoy your weekend!!

"There are moments in our lives when we find ourselves at a crossroads. The choices we make in those moments can define the rest of our days. And, of course when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back. But, once in a while, people push onto something better. Something found just beyond the pain of going it alone. And just beyond the bravery and courage it takes to let someone in. Or to give someone a second chance. Something beyond the quiet persistence of a dream. Because, it's only when you’re testedthat you truly discover who you are. And, it's only when you're tested that you discover who you can be. The person you want to be does exist; somewhere on the other side of hard work and faith and belief. And, beyond the heartache and fear of what lies ahead."

No comments: