Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Man...poker is sure a humbling game. About 2 weeks ago, I deposited $130 in Absolute Poker and $150 at Full Tilt. Well, I worked the $130 at Absolute up to about $350, and the $150 at Full Tilt up to about $200. I was playing pretty well, getting some good breaks, and all my bluffs were working. And then...it all went to shit. In the past week, I lost all $350 at Absolute Poker, and I just cashed out only $143 at Full Tilt, and that's after receiving a $20 bonus. So I lost about $80 there. So I've lost about $430 in the past week, playing .50-$1 NL and .25-.5 NL. If that doesn't humble you in a hurry, I don't know what will. I'm going to take a break for about a week to refresh myself. I need to get away from it for a little while and get a fresh perspective. I've been playing so much, I just got in a rut and I couldn't get out. The good thing is that all of that is profit. I started out with $50, and with bonuses, sports betting, and poker, (even after thisatrociouss week) I still have $1,000. So I guess it could be worse.

We leave for Chicago in a few days. I need this little "get away" to re-charge my batteries. Hopefully it'll tide me over until I can get back to Vegas. I'll have a full trip report sometime next week. Later...

"There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment, you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on path? Will others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be haunted by your choice? Or will you embrace your new path? Each morning you choose to move forward or simply give up.There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment who will you be? Will you let down your defenses, and find solace in someone unexpected? Will you reach out? Will you face your greatest fear bravely? And move forward with faith. Or will you succumb to the darkness in your soul?"

No comments: