Thursday, May 18, 2006

And The Days Keep Piling Up...

I was thinking about time today, and how weird it is. There are 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, and 86,400 seconds in a day…but for some reason, when the last second ticks from 11:59:59 to 12:00:00, it is a new day. Who decided this? Who's idea was it to proclaim that last second more important than the rest of them? We live 86,399 other seconds each day, but the last second proclaims a new day has come…it's weird.

The reason I was thinking about this is because yesterday was my friend Sam's birthday, and she's turning 24. So she's lived 364 days this year and been 23 the whole time, but this last day magically makes a year go past and she turns 24…just seems a little odd to me. Yeah I know I think about weird shit, but it's what's in my mind.

This weekend we are sending my friend Keith off in a blaze of glory…it's his bachelor party, and we're going to Put In Bay. I've never been up there, so I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be a good time hanging out with some people I don't get to see all that much. I'm pumped. I'm pretty excited that I'm taking Monday off too…I'm gonna spend the whole day with Kylie (after a much needed doctor's appointment). I'm excited about that, because I haven't spent the whole day with her in awhile. It should be fun.

There doesn't seem to be much time for poker these days. I think I'm getting worse since I haven't been playing as much. I cashed out all but $100 of my online bankroll, so I'm going to start playing small and try to build that back up while getting my skills (or lack thereof) back up to par. Hopefully I can start playing more and get back into it…we'll see I guess.
That's all…I'll have a full trip report next week.


"You know it's been said that we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. We grow complacent with ideas, or things or people and we take them for granted and it's usually not until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you've realized how wrong you've been that you realized how much you need it, how much you love it."

No comments: