Saturday, May 27, 2006

Every Night Is Another Story

Unbelievable…that pretty much sums up this weekend at Put In Bay. I had a great time on Friday night, and I think everyone else did as well. We watched the Cavs at a bar, and then went out and had a good time. Saturday night is when it got interesting.

All day Saturday I had a killer headache from the night before, so I pretty much slept all day. When it was time to go out, we all got ready and headed downtown about 10. We left 4 people back at the cabins that were too drunk to come, and they were passed out. Well, my friend Matt and I decide to come back from the bars early, around 1 or so, because we were tired. Lo and behold, when we get back, the cops are waiting for us. Apparently one of the people we left back at the cabin flooded the bathroom by plugging the bathtub and overflowing it. So we get kicked out of our cabins at 3:30 in the morning with no where to sleep…how wonderful.

Well, we ended up staying at some boat dock. It's about 35 degrees, the wind is blowing about 30 mph, and it's raining…just wonderful conditions. So we had to brave the weather outside, and I've been sick since then. How awesome is that. It sucked really bad at the time…in fact I don't think I've ever been so miserable, but it sure makes for a good story now. I guess you win some and you lose some.

On a different note, I think I'm going to stop playing poker for awhile. Probably at least until we move in to our apartment. I just don’t have time to devote to playing right now, and when I get on the internet and play I end up playing stupid because I'm in a rush to get somewhere or do something. I think the time off will do me good, because hopefully it'll reenergize my love for it, and I'll want to get better again. Right now I'm in a rut, and I don't have the desire to get better. I've sold my poker table, and my chips are on eBay, so if you want them go bid on them! I don't need them anymore, because I don't host a game, and the new chips have been used once…so I might as well get some money out of them.

T-minus 28 days til we move into the apartment. I'm pretty excited…not only to be moving out for good, but to kind of start my life with Kylie. I don't know what the future holds for us, but it seems like things are headed in the right direction, and since the beginning I've kind of had a feeling about her…I'm pretty sure she's "the one", but I guess only time will tell.
Ok, I've rambled on long enough…hopefully I'll have some other exciting stories soon, but I don't know if I can come up with anything to top this past weekend…I'll keep trying though!!!


"There seems to be a kind of order in the universe…in the movement of the stars and the turning of the Earth and the changing of the seasons. But human life is almost pure chaos. Everyone takes his stance, asserts his own right and feelings, mistaking the motives of others, and his own."

No comments: