Sunday, May 14, 2006

An Attempt To Tip The Scales

There has been quite a lot going on since my last post…and I haven't had the time to post something new. Imagine that. Let's see…I've been working close to 50 hours a week, we're trying to get everything squared away with this apartment (we'll be moving in June 23rd by the way) and dealing with a family issue that may or may not become a much bigger issue. So I've kinda got a lot going on.

I was supposed to go to a Fall Out Boy concert on Tuesday, but I didn't really feel like it. When we got to the concert, there were like 4 million 13 year olds, so I just sold my ticket and went back to work for about 2 hours…what fun! I'm really looking forward to the Jack's Mannequin concert on July 25th though, so hopefully that will be a good time.

Working all of the time really sucks…but it's kinda nice when the paycheck comes. I guess I just have to get used to it. I need to make something happen, and the only way to really do that is with hard work. My whole life I've always been younger than my friends or the people that I competed against in sports, so I always had to work harder than everyone else to make up for it. So why should the real world be any different? I'll just have to keep putting in the hours and trying to get ahead, and maybe I'll catch the lucky break I need. Let's hope so!

I haven't had too much time to play poker, but I played 5 sit n go's in the past couple of days. I won 2, finished 2nd in one, and didn't cash in the other 2, so I'm up a grand total of $47. Not great, but it's better than losing $47. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more in this weekend.
I'm running short on time (as usual) so that's all I have for now…have a good weekend!

"You ever heard the expression 'The best things in life are free"? Well that expression is true. Every once in awhile, people step up...they rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you...and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard, but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky...if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back."

No comments: