Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Every Day is Sunday Evening

This sucks…no matter how long of a weekend you get, it always sucks coming back to work. Today was no different, as it seemed like the day lasted 37 1/2 hours. The 4 day 4th of July weekend flew by, and I have nothing to show for it really. I didn't really do anything productive…at all. I pretty much just hung out with various friends and family, and ate a lot of food. It was nice to get a chance to relax for a couple of days though, so I shouldn't be complaining. Now it's back to the grind, but the good news is it's only a 3 day week!

On a different note, I've been watching some of the World Cup. I've never been a fan of soccer and I've always kind of made fun of it like most Americans, but I must say the World Cup is interesting. Since the U.S. sucks and was out in the first round, I started rooting for England because a guy at work is from there, and it was pretty exciting. Even though they got knocked out, I watched some of the semi-final game yesterday. Although soccer will never find a warm place in my heart, I've got a newfound respect for it. It's actually interesting to watch…you should check it out of you get a chance. The World Cup championship game will be on Sunday at 2 p.m., so tune in and see what you think.

Now to poker. I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. Ever since losing to the 3 outer in the 20+ 2 tournament, it's been all downhill for me. I've managed to lose about $150 in the past 5 days, with a combination of terrible play and even worse luck. I'm getting horrible cards, playing badly, and getting unlucky. That's a recipe for disaster in poker. I've got to start playing the $5 tournaments again and see if I can build back up. While $150 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, it still sucks. Since I cashed out all of my bankroll except $100, that extra $150 represented a big portion of this new, albeit small, bankroll. I guess it's time to suck it up and start making things happen…I'll keep you updated.

I can't think of anything else important, so this is all. If I think of anything else I'll post it. Well, actually I'll intend to post it, but unless it's something extremely important I'll probably forget about it and it'll never make it up here. Oh well. See ya later.


"Don't tell me how rough the waters are, just bring in the ship."

No comments: