Friday, July 28, 2006

Christmas in July

Who's pumped? Why you ask? Well today is the start of the Main Event at the World Series of Poker!! Even though I'm not there like I would like to be, it's still a ton of fun to sweat the action on cardplayer.com and keep up with the action. Plus we did a Fantasy WSOP Main Event poll, and we had to draft all of our players so nobody has the same players as someone else. Here's my picks:
Michael Mizrachi
Patrick Antonious
Daniel Negreanu
Jennifer Harman
Joe Sebok
Carlos Mortenson

So, although everyone's team is pretty much stacked, I have a few guys that can accumulate a lot of chips, so hopefully they'll go pretty deep for me.

We all got together last night and played some poker at Keith's place. I ended up coming out ahead by $22, so it was a decent night, but I feel like I played very well, and I'm excited about how I've been playing. I made some plays that weren't based on cards, but on the people I was playing…which is something I'm still getting used to. Overall, I think I played well, but I still made a few mistakes I can correct.

I was able to get a free program from Wilson Software called Turbo Tournament Texas Hold'Em. I earned enough points on Ultimate Bet, so I decided to get this program with the hopes that it can help improve my game. It seems pretty cool, as you can set the # of players (up to 5,000), the structure, and the game (no-liimt, pot-limit, and limit). I'm hoping this can help me continue to improve my tournament game.

I'll probably be playing a lot of NCAA 07 this weekend, so I'll report back to you in a couple days. Everyone have a good weekend!!!

By the way, I'm going to open my website back up at www.freewebs.com/sdogg10. You can still read my blog here, but I'll have some other stuff up there you might want to check out.


"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."

No comments: