Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Hero Dies In This One

Man…I've been really tired lately. I don't know why, but I've started taking my vitamins again, so hopefully my energy level will pick back up. It sucks going through the day with the only thing you're looking forward to is going to bed. Hopefully I'll feel better in a couple of days.


This weekend is Kylie's 21st birthday, so a bunch of us are going to the Buckeye Hall of Fame Café to have dinner and play some games. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing her have a good time and enjoy herself. She deserves it. I already gave her the present for her birthday, which was a mini-shopping spree. I gave her $150 to spend, and my parents gave her a $50 gift card. Let me tell you, this girl can shop because that $200 was gone in no time. She also bought some clothes for me which is my birthday present, so it was a good time buying each other stuff…but no I'm pretty broke, so I'll have to watch the finances for awhile.

On the poker front, the past 2 days have sucked. I'm back down to where I started on the "race to 5K", with only about $85. I donked away $20 last night, and the day before I failed to cash in 4 straight sit n go's, which is highly unusual for me. I ended up winning one and coming in second yesterday, and if it wasn't for that I'd really be hurting. The one I finished second in I should have one, but my flopped nut straight ended up splitting the pot when he hit his inside straight draw to chop. Then he picked up aces on the next hand against my top pair, and that was all she wrote. Tough luck, get em next time.

I did decide that this 5% rule sucks, I'm upping it to 10%...this will either allow me to build faster, or go broker faster. I guess it'll be one or the other, so we might as well find out which one it's gonna be. I'll keep you posted.

Well, my lunch break is over so it's back to the grind…I'd much rather be grinding it out at the poker table, but since I'm a complete donkey, it's gonna be a long time til I can do that. Have a good one!

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I dunoo if this will be helpfull but ill say it anyway. Try playing 10% or at times 20% of your bankroll but nevermore and try to find a website that has six person sit and go's or heads up matches. This in decrease your playing time and increase your winnings. If playing the heads up matches I recomend your play 20% or a little more if your really on your game that day.