Monday, May 16, 2005

A Little No-Limit Hold Em' and Daniel Negreanu

Yesterday was a terrific day. I had the opportunity to play in a Charity Texas Hold Em' tournament and meet my poker idol, Daniel Negreanu. The tournament was a blast, but meeting Daniel and gettin a few pics with him was the highlight of the day.

As for the tournament, we started with 2000 in chips and the blinds started at 5-10, going up every 10 mins. The blind structure sucked, but they were forced to do it that way with that many people. There were 330 people at 33 tables, and each table played down to 1 winner, shoot out style. I was fortunate enough to win my table, and I received a $40 Best Buy gift card for winning, which was cool because we only paid $10 to get in. Sadly I didn't make the final table. My cards were awful, and with the blinds going up so fast, it was hard to do anything. My last hand saw my QJ offsuit lose to AA. Oh well, it was a blast!

Daniel is as down to earth as he seems on TV, and really seemed to be a geniunely good guy. While he was signing autographs, he did steal my sharpie.. He owes me now. Hopefully I can pay him back one day at the final table!

It was truly a great time, and made me want to pursue playing poker professionally even more. I'm still gonna stick it out and see what happens...I think someday I'll be able to make it. I have to get much better though.

Here are some pics from yesterday:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_dogg1032/album?.dir=/6197


"I am in control of my own destiny"



No comments: