Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Today was Better...Sort of

Today started off the same as yesterday. I woke up in a bad mood and didn't really feel very well. I went to work and decided that I needed to take a half day off so I could try to get feeling better, so I worked to 11:45 and then came home. I proceed to sleep from about noon until about 3:45. I felt like a new man when I woke up! I was ready to go! So about 5 I drove to Marion to play a couple of softball games.

Now, before tonight, I hadn't played softball in about 3 years. I figured I'd be way out of shape and embarrass myself. Now although I am out of shape, I actually played pretty well. I hit the ball pretty hard, and really didn't have to play defense because nothing came my way. I'm actually pretty happy with the way I played, even though our team got smoked in both games. That sucked, because I'm not a big fan of losing, but I think we'll be ok after a few games.

I think I might have figured out why I've been in a bad mood the last couple of days. I just realized that I'm probably going to be alone the rest of my life. The realization is a little discouraging, because it's no fun being lonely. Now I don't need to have someone, because I am fully capable of supporting myself, both financially and emotionally, but it would be cool to have someone to share my life with. I guess I'll just have to get used to it, because it doesn't seem that a wife, or even a girlfriend for that matter, are in the cards.

I've also had a pretty important decision weighing on my mind. If I decide to go through with it, it will seem like a step backwards in journey of life. It may in fact be a step backwards. But I really believe that taking this step backwards will lead to a pretty big leap forward. I'm struggling with the decision though, and I think that has contributed to my bad mood.

I haven't talked about poker much lately, because I haven't played as much as I would've liked in the past week. I'm going to start trying to play a little more, so hopefully there will be more poker talk on here soon.

That's all for tonight. Have a good day tomorrow. Who knows, it could be the best day of your life!


" Sometimes only the struggle makes it worth it, only the pain makes it sweet, and only victory is the answer."



No comments: