Monday, May 02, 2005

So Much For the New Me

Today I woke up in a bad mood and it didn't change all day. I was very tired, grumpy, and I really didn't want to speak to anyone if I didn't have to. I have no idea why I was in this mood, and I have no explanation. It felt like something was bothering me all day, but I really couldn't figure out what it was that was bothering me. So, I just sat at my desk all day and avoided all human contact. Not only was it Monday, but I was in a bad mood, so it made the Monday even worse.

Today why I was sulking I started to think about stupid things. One thing that popped into my mind was the dreams that I have. I don't know why I have dreams that are hardly possible, but I'm sure that everyone has dreams. I think that is what keeps people going. If you didn't have dreams and aspirations, why would you continue to do what you do? If you knew nothing would get better, there would be no sense in continuing. Although most people would think that my dreams are unattainable, I truly believe that I can accomplish the things in my dreams, and as long as I have any life in me, I'm going to keep trying to reach them.

Something I've been blessed with (or cursed with, depending on how you look at it) is the ability to follow through with things. When I was little, I started playing baseball, and it consumed my life until the time I graduated high school. When I get involved in something, it completely consumes my life, and I don't let it go until I'm the best (or the best I can be). The same thing has happened to me with poker. At times poker completely consumes my life, and I'm ok with that right now. I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have a family to take care of, and I have a minimal amount of responsibility right now, so I'm ok with poker being my main concentration. I love playing, and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon. I've got to be the best, and I won't stop until I am.

I can't think of much more right now, so I'm gonna watch Las Vegas...man that's a good show. Until then, don't you go dying on me!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."


No comments: