Monday, May 09, 2005

Well I was right...almost

Last time I said I felt like I was right on the cusp of a big score via poker, and I was ALMOST right. This weekend, I played in 6 tournaments on the internet, made 3 final tables and a 12th place finish. On Friday night I finished 6th out of 524 in a $5 + .50 tourney on UB...good for a $91 cash. Saturday I finished 6th out of 173 in a $5 + .50 tourney on Full Tilt, good for $49. I finished 9th out of 50 in a TEC satallite on UB, no prize, but a final table nonetheless. And finally, last night I finished 12th out of around 400. I got $25 for that. Now I understand none of these are big paydays, but I really feel like I'm playing the best poker of my life right now and the big, long awaited "W" is right around the corner.

I just need to catch a break in crunch time. My final hand last night that sealed my 12th place finish was when I was dealt Ac Kc, and had two callers of the 3,000 Big Blind. I figured I could either steal the chips from the limpers, or have a chance to triple up, so I moved all in for about 27,000 more. Well, one guy flopped a set of fives, and that was it for me. I also lost another key hand in that tourney when my A K went up against A J and the guy made a flush with his J c. Bummer huh.

I came in second in a razz sit n go on Full Tilt earlier tonight. I've never played razz, and I really think I could've won it, but I was getting extremely bored, so I loosened up a little trying to get it over, and ended up coming in 2nd. Better than 3rd I guess.

Well that's about it. Nothing else really has been going on in my life the last few days. My sister and I are paying for a trip for my parents to Las Vegas, so I'm pretty excited for them to get the chance to go to Sin City. My dad also seems to be catching the poker bug, so we'll see where that goes.

Until next time...keep ya head up and keep reaching for the stars. (corny, I know)


" I sit in this world watching, listening and learning. All this hell that surrounds me will not bring me down. I am too strong, I love life too much to forget what is possible to attain, if you work hard and never give up."

No comments: